Baking is a piece of cake 3

 Hey guys! today I am going to teach YOU to  make.. JAM THUMBPRINT COOKIES!.. here is the recipe:


Recipe:

115g (½ cup) butter

60g (½ cupsugar

1 Egg

½ tsp Vanilla extract

140g (¾ cup 2 tbsp) Plain flour

Jam (add how much ever you need)


Steps:

  1. Preheat the oven to 175C/350F
  2. Whisk the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
  3. Add the egg and vanilla extract, and then beat it until it's well combined
  4. Mix in the flour and stir until just combined
  5. Roll the dough into 12 balls and create a heart shape in the centre of each ball using two thumbprints joined at the bottom
  6. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown
  7. Put the jam inside the thumbprints

Yum! I loved those! all regards to Catherine Zhang. You are probably wondering who she is. Well here is your answer (she wrote this herself in her blog) :

I’m a 21 year old Australian born Chinese running towards a future filled with desserts and pastry. In 2019, myself, as well as 9 other dessert makers entered Zumbo’s dessert factory to battle it out for the “Zumbo’s Just Desserts” champion title. I was challenged and my skills were tested amongst peers of equal and greater talent. However, it was in this environment I grew and found greater certainty of my future in the area of pastry.

After emerging successful I’m heading straight in that direction, follow me in the next big stage of my life!

So, that was her explanation. Oh and you can watch “Zumbo’s Just Desserts” on Netflix.  So I will see you next post. Oh and look at the link to her blog. Byee!

Link to her blog: https://zhangcatherine.com/



Comments